- Exercise and Pain Tolerance : Does regular exercise alter the amount of pain you feel? A team from the University of Heidelberg investigated.
- Barefoot Running Efficiency : are you more efficient running in minimal shoes, or bare feet? Chris noted an interesting (though perhaps flawed – see his update) study on this very question.
- Mind-Controlled Robotic Arm : this is fantastic to see – very promising indeed. A paralysed woman uses her mind to control an artificial arm.
- Getting People to Eat Less : I’m not sure if this is a particularly valuable goal (I’d argue that ‘eating the right things‘ always trumps ‘eating less of the wrong things‘); but it’s certainly a creative way to do it. Researchers from Cornell’s Food and Brand Lab encourage people to eat less.
- Climbing Everest In Your 70s : That goal you’ve been putting off for a while? Have a go. Tamae Watanabe has just climbed Everest at 73 years of age.
NB : to see all of these as they appear (and to share your own thoughts on things), the simplest way is to follow me on Google+. You’ll see these, and a whole lot more.