There are a number of ways to get your regular fix of Straight to the Bar, including the many feeds & newsletters listed below. Whether you’re after a general overview or a detailed inspection of a particular area, we’ve got you covered :
Don’t miss a thing. This is the main feed – every article that appears on the site. Grab the RSS version, or get it delivered automatically via email.
All new comments received, on every article on the site. The perfect way to hear everyone’s thoughts on things.
- Facebook Wall Updates
Everything we post on Facebook. Warning : this one’s for serious strength enthusiasts only – it tends to be a little on the high-volume side.
Love twitter? Same here. This is a feed of everything I tweet.
There are two main Youtube feeds for this site. Check out the videos I’m watching/sharing, and Josh Hewett’s channel – filled with regular Gymchat goodness. Dive in.
Fan of LinkedIn? Me too.
- Delicious Bookmarks
Still using delicious? It’s great for some things, as you’ll see.
- Photos from the Flickr Group
Every new photo added to the Flickr Group. And if you’d like to add a few of your own, just join the (free) group.
- The Strength & Fitness Newsletter
This is the easiest way to keep up with the world of strength. It’s a weekly newsletter (delivered each Monday), containing highlights from the blog, details of upcoming gymchats, exercises, tips and a whole lot more.
- The Straight to the Bar Daily
A daily dose of the various things (generally fitness-related) we’re talking about in the Straight to the Bar community. Grab it here.
- The Better Sleep Nightly
I’ve been fascinated by sleep for as long as I can remember. Here’s a daily dose of tips & research into this wonderful area.
- Leave it in the Ground
On Straight to the Bar we talk a lot about air pollution, primarily from a gym-owner’s perspective. This newsletter looks at the topic far more broadly – the gradual move away from the use of fossil fuels : Leave it in the Ground
- Electric Cars in Australia
Diving in to the area of air pollution a little deeper, we take a look at a great way to help reduce it – with electric cars (in Australia in particular). If you’re considering an EV or would just like to learn a little more about air pollution & health, swing by.
Twitter ListsIn addition to the various feeds & newsletters above, I use Twitter’s ‘List’ functionality to sort and maintain information on a number of topics. In particular :
- https://twitter.com/scottbird/lists/exoskeletons Wearable Robots. As mobility aids and to augment strength.
- https://twitter.com/scottbird/lists/sttb-writers Many, many people write for Straight to the Bar (let me know if you’d like to join us). Love it.
- https://twitter.com/scottbird/lists/all-things-medical New medicines, procedures & equipment.
- https://twitter.com/scottbird/lists/cycling I want to ride my bicycle.
- https://twitter.com/scottbird/lists/Aging & Longevity Research into aging and longevity.
- https://twitter.com/scottbird/lists/twitterchats The twitter list you’ll see in the sidebar – covering events, gym sessions, strength feats and a whole lot more. Everything training-related.