- Olympics streamed via Facebook : Over the past few years I’ve been gradually moving from a ‘watch sport on TV‘ world to ‘TV and a bit online‘ to ‘mostly online‘; I suspect I’m not the only one.
The 2012 London Olympics are certainly going to available online in many, many ways – and Facebook are expected announce their own streaming collaboration with NBC. Very interesting indeed.
- Bodybuilding at 64 : Meet the incredible Ruby Carter-Pikes. Yep, she’s still got it.
- Running as currency : This is an interesting idea. Could running ever be used as a form of currency? Possibly.
- The video game that can give you an extra 10 years of life : Fascinating talk by game designer Jane McGonigal, looking at at a video game that pairs physical movement with learning, recovery and longevity. Love it.
- Alzheimer’s news : A few sources of incredible research into Alzheimer’s appeared this week. Chief among them was the promise of early detection of the condition, with lines like this :
…a drop in spinal fluid levels of the key ingredient of Alzheimer’s brain plaques – can be detected 25 years before the anticipated age of disease onset.
NB : to see all of these as they appear (and to share your own thoughts on things), the simplest way is to follow me on Google+. You’ll see these, and a whole lot more.