- Hunter Gatherer Clue to Obesity : Although this may seem obvious to many people reading this, it’s great to see the research.
Over to the BBC.
- BrainBike : Kirk pointed us to the BrainBike, an interesting combination of tools. Anyone tried one?
- Genetics and Sports-Related Injuries : To what extent are our genes responsible for sports-related injuries, and can we tweak things at all? Susan Watts takes a look.
- Organism in Software : Venter’s done it again. In conjunction with Stanford University, his institute has successfully re-created an organism’s entire life cycle in software.
Experiments just became a whole lot simpler and faster. Good stuff.
- Microchip Version of Body : Also enabling much faster and cheaper experimentation and testing, Harvard University‘s Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering has developed several microchips which replicate human organ functionality. Fantastic.
NB : to see all of these as they appear (and to share your own thoughts on things), the simplest way is to follow me on Google+. You’ll see these, and a whole lot more.