- The Joy of Exercise : A short piece by Damon Young
sums up exactly how I feel about exercise in general – it isn’t a chore, or a punishment; it’s a joy. As he notes :
An unchallenged body is a squandered chance to transform the world.
- BrainHQ‘ : Business Insider’s CJ Grisham notes the launch of BrainHQ, Posit Science‘s foray into the ‘brain fitness‘ space. Very interesting indeed.
- ‘Hulk‘ Protein : The September issue of the FASEB Journal notes a somewhat unusual way to help those with muscle-wasting conditions and injuries. Nice one.
- Cure Blindness with Optogenetics : Retrosense Therapeutics certainly has a bold (yet incredibly sensible) idea – adding light sensitivity to cells that typically don’t know how to see. Fantastic.
- Donate Organs? No, Grow Them From Scratch : Nina Tandon shares her current thinking on organ replacement, at the 2012 TEDx Berlin Conference. And yes, I agree completely.
NB : to see all of these as they appear (and to share your own thoughts on things), the simplest way is to follow me on Google+. You’ll see these, and a whole lot more.