- HIT for Older Exercisers : The New York Times looks at the value of high intensity regimens for older trainees. Very interesting.
- Creative Thinking for a Longer Life : Creative thinking = reduced stress and a healthier brain. Fantastic.
- Brain Implant Improves Thinking (in monkeys) : While we’re thinking about thinking, take a look at some of the research recently published in the Journal of Neural Engineering. A brain implant was used to improve decision-making in monkeys, who had been given a simple image-matching task. Equivalent human brain implants aren’t all that far away.
- Diabetes Drug for Alzheimers : Researchers at the University of Ulster have discovered that a drug initially developed for those with Type II Diabetes may also be useful for those with Alzheimer’s.
- Disease Modelling with Stem Cells : One of the many benefits of stem cell research is that of disease modelling, essentially a way to test and study various conditions in a much simpler, contained, personalised environment. Susan Solomon explains.
NB : to see all of these as they appear (and to share your own thoughts on things), the simplest way is to follow me on Google+. You’ll see these, and a whole lot more.