During the past week we’ve discussed a number of great links; on Google+, Twitter, the Forums and so on. Here are a few of my favourites.
- Athletes Perform Better When Making a Fist : The Journal of Experimental Psychology notes a very interesting study – suggesting that athletes performing under pressure may benefit from simply making a fist with their left hand. Intriguing.
- What Does Your Gym Sound Like? : Another great TED talk by Julian Treasure raises a seemingly simple question : what does your workplace sound like? How about your gym?
- Interview with Chas Melichar : I love the Gymchats, fascinating discussions. The first of the video versions – an interview with Chas Melichar – is available now on Kirk’s Youtube Channel, and it’s a great look into Chas’ thoughts on Training for Marathons and Triathlons. Nice one.
- The Blue Brain Project : A look at the incredibly ambitious Blue Brain Project, which is mapping all of the synaptic connections in the human brain. Nice one.
- Printing Living Tissue : The Wall Street Journal takes a look at the world of bioprinting. Good stuff.
NB : to see all of these as they appear (and to share your own thoughts on things), the simplest way is to follow me on Google+. You’ll see these, and a whole lot more.