- 3D-Printed Kayak : This brings up some very interesting possibilities – the printing of various sporting goods and fitness-related items. Love it.
- A Stretchable Antenna for Health Monitors : As the area of fitness wearables continues to grow rapidly, it’s great to see stuff like this. A stretchable antenna for wearable health monitors.
- The iHear : Hearing aids are getting a whole lot smaller, and cheaper – bringing them within reach of a great many more people. Take a look at the iHear.
- Lab-on-a-Fibre : The incredible diagnostic potential of fiberoptic cables.
- Watson vs Glioblastoma : A fantastic way to use IBM’s Watson (perhaps best known for the special episode of Jeopardy) – helping to find treatments for a particularly aggressive form of brain cancer, glioblastoma.
We also talked about the incredible potential of Apple’s Healthbook, Periodization (or Periodisation if you prefer) and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.