- RunKeeper for People Who Don’t Run : RunKeeper’s iOS app ‘Breeze‘ monitors all activity, not just running. Good stuff.
- An Aeroplane and Some Incredible Hair Strength : Say hello to Basil F. Heath, better known as Chief White Eagle. Before his career as a movie stuntman, he performed hair strength feats such as this. Incredible.
- 90mph on a Bicycle (The fastest human-powered vehicle in history) : 90mph (145kph) via pedal-power alone. Now that’s fast.
- The Surprising Gut Microbes of African Hunter-Gatherers : Very interesting research on the gut bacteria of the Hadza, a Western Tanzanian Hunter-Gatherer tribe which has changed very little in thousands of years. Also fascinating were the discussions this led to – on Intermittent Fasting, Resistant Starch and the Paleo Diet in general.
- Synthetic Blood : We’ve been waiting for this one for a long, long time – and it’s almost here. Artificial human blood.
We also talked about The Investigation of Disease Outbreaks, How a $50 3D-Printed Prosthesis compares to a $42,000 Myoelectric Prosthesis and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.