- Smart Watches & Wrist-Based Heart Rate Monitors : We’ve talked about a number of fitness devices over the years; particularly the ever-expanding collection of Smart Watches and Heart Rate Monitors. A new one to add to the list – Microsoft’s rumoured combination device. Interesting mix.
- 3D Printing of Body Parts by Using Stem Cells : 3D-Printed body parts are not all that far away. Good stuff.
- An Improved Brain Scanning Technique : Diffuse Optical Tomography (DOT) – no doses of radiation, no magetic fields. Perfect.
- Human Suspended-Animation Trials Begin : A very powerful idea – cooling the body of a severely wounded or terminally ill patient, to provide more time for the necessary fixes to be implemented.
- New Way to Print Blood Vessels : A beautiful combination of 3D-Printing and biomaterials. Blood vessels.
We also talked about treating migraines with the SpringTMS device, upcoming Google Glass Apps to aid the Visually Impaired and the Hard-of-Hearing and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.