- The New Organ Liver Prize : This is certainly an interesting competition, with the goal of ‘[creating] a regenerative or bioengineered solution that keeps a large animal alive for 90 days without native liver function‘ by the end of 2018.
- Monitoring Gluten with The Canary : Sensitive to Gluten (or simply avoiding it wherever possible)? Say hello to the Canary.
- A Wireless Sensor That Transmits Tumor Pressure : Identifying the optimal time to deliver medications.
- The ‘Upstream‘ Approach to Healthcare : Over to Rishi Manchanda.
- Helping Cells Survive Injection with Stanford’s Gel-Like Padding : Very promising indeed – especially aspects such as ‘could help cell-based therapies for spinal cord injuries‘.
We also talked about cycling culture in various countries, the MinION USB stick gene sequencer (and what it may lead to) and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.