- Language Barriers Holding Back Your Online Training Success? Not for Long : Skype is currently testing real-time language translation (you see automatic subtitles in your language, the other person sees it in theirs).
- Patient-Specific Knee Parts can now be 3D printed : More 3D-Printing goodness – printing a custom meniscus scaffold for each patient.
- Wireless Charging for ‘Implantables’ : Remember the ‘wireless-power for implanted medical devices‘ thing we looked at a while ago? Here’s a little more information on how it all works.
- A Personal Health Coach in Your Pocket : The ‘Rise‘ app now works with Apple’s HealthKit, making it possible to share health & fitness data with dieticians, nutritionists, personal trainers and so on.
- Mind-Controlled Prosthetic Arms : Surgery, training and mind-controlled prosthetic arms. Fantastic.
We also talked about research on air and noise pollution, medical marijuana trials in Sydney and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.