During the past week we’ve discussed a number of great links; on Google+, Twitter, the Daily ‘Paper’ and so on. Here are a few of my favourites.
- Handheld DNA Sequencer : DNA Sequencing is certainly getting cheaper at an incredible rate. Say hello to the University of Toronto’s MinION.
- The ‘Gene Radar’ – A Mobile Scanner for Disease Detection : A drop of blood is all it takes.
- Preventing (or Slowing Down) the Onset of Alzheimer’s Disease : Promising indeed.
- More on the CRISPR Research : Very interesting area.
- An Inbuilt Heads-Up Display? : Yep.
We also talked about Health impacts of mining (and burning) coal, Accuracy vs engagement with fitness wearables and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.