During the past week we’ve discussed a number of great links; on Google+, Twitter, the Daily ‘Paper’ and so on. Here are a few of my favourites.
- Research into Motor Neurons (and the Nervous System in General) : A very interesting area, which I suspect is about to change quite rapidly.
- The OMsignal App for the Apple Watch : No doubt we’ll be seeing a number of combinations like this – sensor-laden workout clothing and the Apple Watch. Nice one.
- 3D-Printing Bone with the LuxNova OsBot : Can human bones be 3D-Printed? Quite possibly.
- Potential Treatment for Traumatic Brain Injuries : We’ve discussed Traumatic Brain Injuries many times over the years (particularly those on the sporting field), and this is certainly promising research. Would love to hear more.
- Repairing Damage Caused by Alzheimer’s : Several pieces of extremely promising Alzheimer’s-related news appeared this week : my favourite is the beginning of this clinical trial, run by London’s Imperial College (together with researchers from King’s College, Oxford University and Cambridge University) which attempts to see if the diabetes medication liraglutide can play a role in repairing the damage. Fantastic.
We also talked about Covered bike lanes (which generate electricity), Repairing and enhancing human vision and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.