- An Energy-Generating Leg Brace to Power Medical Devices : Enormous potential for something like this, or a combination of energy-harvesting devices.
- More 3D-Printed Replacement Body Parts Coming : ‘This research will likely lead to new approaches to bioprinting numerous human tissues, especially that of cartilage and other musculoskeletal tissues‘.
- A 3D-Printed Splint : Also from the world of 3D Printing – creation of a custom-fitting splint (in this case for a broken finger, but it could be anything).
- New Material for Creating Artificial Blood Vessels : Successful in experiments with rats, human trials in a few years.
- A Wireless Retinal Implant to Restore Vision : Promising indeed.
We also talked about A GPS-tracking bicycle pedal, Taking blood samples without using a needle and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.