During the past week we’ve discussed a number of great links; on Google+, Twitter, the Daily ‘Paper’ and so on. Here are a few of my favourites.
- 3D-Printed, Custom Bicycle Handlebars (to Perfectly Fit the Rider’s Forearms) : Very interesting idea, and certainly one which applies to a great many other sports and activities. 3D-Printed bespoke equipment.
- A Commercial Gym in 2020 : Cheers for all the feedback on this – greatly appreciated. A few things I suspect we’ll see in commercial gyms of 2020.
- Using Computer Vision to Assess Sporting Performance : This gives various sports fans (as well as the athletes’ coaches) a whole lot more power. Use of machine vision to work out what moves where, and how fast.
- Induction-Powered Biosensors : Putting wireless sensors just under the skin (to constantly monitor progress), and charging them from the outside. Fantastic.
- Recovery of Lost Memories : Potential recovery of lost memories – promising indeed.
We also talked about 3D-Printed spinal implants, What 1005lb feels like and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.