- A Self-Propelled Powder to Stop Internal Bleeding : When someone’s injured, how do you stop the bleeding even if you can’t see it? Like this.
- Counting White Blood Cells Through the Skin : Very powerful indeed – a rapid (and real-time) way to see how your immune system’s going. Ideal for many forms of treatment; notably chemotherapy.
- Repairing Damaged Muscles Using Stem Cells : Interesting research. Will potentially lead to treatments for patients with paralysis, severe muscle injury or genetic diseases such as muscular dystrophy.
- Self-Assembling Artificial Arteries : Very interesting idea. Artifical arteries and veins that ‘grow‘, self-assemble and heal themselves when damaged.
- Helping the Paralysed Type Using a Brain-Computer Interface : Fantastic.
We also talked about The idea of ‘Medical avatars’, Medical diagnosis by ‘coughing in to a smartphone’ and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.