- Uruguay Finally Wins Anti-Smoking Case Against Philip Morris : Fantastic. For a bit of background to the case, see John Oliver’s (Last Week Tonight) wonderful video.
- Direct Organ Donor Registrations Possible in Apple’s iOS 10 : Promising indeed. Suspect we’ll see a marked increase in registered organ donors worldwide.
- Growing Your Own Vegetables Everywhere – Even On Submarines : Very interesting use of Hydroponics – growing vegetables on submarines. This has enormous potential for use not only use on submarines, but in confined spaces in general.
- Electric-Assist Bicycles vs No Bikes At All : Unsurprisingly, more cycling (even with an e-bike) = increased cardiovascular fitness. Would love to see a whole lot more research on electric-assist bicycles, particularly as they’re gradually become more and more common.
- A £10 Pollution Charge for Older, Dirtier Cars Driving in Central London : Fantastic – whether you love to train in the local park, or enjoy going for the occasional run. Cleaning up the air is a wonderful thing.
We also talked about Sports and streaming video, Air and water pollution from coal mines and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.