- Potential Medication for Limiting Brain Damage (From a Stroke), and Improving Repair : Promising indeed.
- Low-Carb Diet May Aid Metabolism : Interesting area. Would love to see a whole lot more (and much larger studies) on this.
- Huge Advance in Personalised Medicine : I love the idea of personalised nutrition and medical treatment, and the latter just got a whole lot closer.
- Trials of MDMA (Ecstasy) for Treatment of PTSD : Large-scale, phase 3 clinical trials are about to begin.
- An Open-Sourced Alternative to Daraprim : Fantastic. Hope to see many more open-sourced medications over the next year or two – can reduce the cost significantly.
We also talked about Shanda Group’s new neuroscience research institute, Several countries announcing plans to phase out fossil fuel use entirely (clean air!) and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.