During the past week we’ve discussed a number of great links; on Google+, Twitter,
Nuzzel The Daily ‘Paper’ and so on. Here are a few of my favourites.
- Vertical Farms in Urban Areas : Growing large mounts of greenery, without the need for soil or natural light.
- Even Small Doses of Exercise Benefit Both Physical and Psychological Wellbeing : Interesting research.
- Successful Long-Term Use of an Artificial Larynx : A ‘voice box‘ implant helps a cancer patient speak, and breathe normally.
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation Used to Help Fight Inflammatory Diseases : Adjustable, and performed via an implanted device – a little like a heart pacemaker.
- Brain Protein Predicts Recovery Time Following Concussion : The ability to assess when an athlete is ready to return to their chosen activity – fantastic.
We also talked about Setting new cycling records at 105, 3D-Printed bone replacements that continue to grow when implanted in the body and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.