During the past week we’ve discussed a number of great links; on Google+, Twitter,
Nuzzel The Daily ‘Paper’ and so on. Here are a few of my favourites.
- Say Hello to the First ‘Genetically Expanded‘ Lifeforms – Modified Versions of E coli : Enormous potential.
- Creation of an International Safe Abortion Fund : To replace the one that Trump signed away. Wonderful to see things like this being put in place so quickly (though it’s unfortunate that a replacement fund was necessary at all).
- A Very Interesting Way to Help Tackle Air Pollution – Charging Extra to Park Diesel Cars : The London borough of Westminster tests an unusual (though I suspect it will work well) approach.
- Increase Exercise, Reduce Dementia Risk : Interesting research – look forward to seeing more.
- A Human-Pig Hybrid for Growing Organs for Transplantation : Very interesting research. Personally, I’d love to see a focus on the creation of synthetic organs, rather than this particular approach.
We also talked about Tesla’s HEPA pollution-fighting air filters and their equivalents (for non-Tesla cars), Banning alcohol advertising in sports and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.