- Senescent Cells And Cognitive Loss (In Mice, For Now) : Last week we talked about Unity Biotechnology’s ‘removal of senescent cells‘ approach in general, particularly the upcoming osteoarthritis trial. This latest research involves senescent cells in the brain, noting that a buildup comes shortly before cognitive loss. Interesting.
- Pushing For an ‘Extreme Air Pollution As A Cause Of Death’ Inquest : As tragic as this event is, the formal recognition as a cause of death may just lead to some enormous changes.
- John Hancock Will Include (And Require) Fitness Tracking In All Life Insurance Policies : Interesting move – curious to see the response to this (both from customers and from other insurance companies).
- High-Intensity Interval Training Provides Significant Benefits To Survivors Of Testicular Cancer : The benefits of HIIT continue. Incredible.
- The Underlying Cause of Beta-Amyloid Build-up in Alzheimer’s, and a Possible Treatment Path : A damaged protein starts a vicious feedback loop; fortunately an existing stroke medication may be able to help. Clinical trials soon.
We also talked about ‘Instant’ protected bike lanes, Fall detection and the 4th gen Apple Watch and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+, and in the Daily ‘Newspaper‘ on Nuzzel. Absolutely free.