This one’s definitely targeted toward the bodybuilders out there. AMP (Awesome Muscles Podcasts) is a series of interviews hosted by nutritionist Daniel Gastelu. The latest interview (with Jay Cutler) touches on a few interesting points :
- Currently, it’s rare to find anything that screams ‘nutritional value’ in the frozen section of major supermarkets. Microwave meals are provided solely for reasons of convenience. However, this is set to change as a new line of frozen meals designed for bodybuilders hits the shelves.
- Jay’s approach to diet (including supplementation), which is refreshingly simple.
- He drinks in excess of 3 gallons (13.65 litres) of water per day.
- Use of Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT).
- Incorporation of Yoga and Pilates for core strengthening and stretching.
- Expected time as a professional bodybuilder.
- Training common areas of difficulty.
- Visualisation of muscle movements whilst working out.
The AMP series is available through iTunes.
NB : An earlier interview (#2) with Dr Fred ‘Dr Squat‘ Hatfield is also a great listen.