What would you have in your perfect home gym – if there were no financial or space constraints at all? Free weights, machines, kettlebells; a mix of all three perhaps? Just a large lifting platform, a bar and a pile of bumper plates?
While you think about your own idyllic workout environment, here’s a look at some of the gear I’d have in mine.
- Power rack (buyer’s guide), plates and a few bars (including a Buffalo Bar)
- A rack of fixed dumbbells
- Revolving climbing wall (such as the Treadwall)
- Rowing machine (probably one of these)
- Power squat (video)
- Back attack (video)
- Punching bags
- Assorted bands and chains
- Outdoor climbing gym for serious bodyweight work (the Outdoor Fitness equipment looks great) – including various rings and bars for a range of exercises
- Length of thick rope (12′ or so, 2.5″ diameter)
- 3 pairs of kettlebells, different weights for each pair (buyer’s guide)
- Sandbag (hw ow to make one, what to do with it)
- Assortment of odd objects and grip tools
Of course, there’s always a steady supply of things that’d simply be great to have; but the above setup would keep things solidly going for a very long time. How about you, what would you have in your perfect gym?