Thanks to everyone who joined in today’s twitterchat with The Rotater‘s Chris Melton (@theROTATER). It really was a fascinating discussion on the many types of shoulder injuries and rehabilitation.
A few highlights :
- ‘most people that I meet and see are dealing with rotator cuff tears‘
- ‘lots of factors…too much ego in weightroom, lack of proper core flexibilty, poor progression‘
- ‘Mine was a result of a ruptured pectoral on the same side. Bench & years of abuse‘
- ‘I dislocated my shoulder doing a spinning back fist sparring … it was unpleasant.‘
- ‘Funny thing, my “serious” shoulder injury (2 years of steady pain) turned out to be a triggerpoint, fixed in 10 minutes. ‘
- ‘adhesive capsulitis is the technical term and it’s a mysterious condition, affects twice as many women as men‘
Overall it was a great discussion. As there were a number of questions we didn’t get to, the discussion will be continued in a few weeks (date to be confirmed).
In the meantime, here’s the device that a couple of people mentioned – The Rotater. Brilliant thing.