- Tracking Your Fitness : We looked at several fitness trackers this week – including the Basis, the Sensoria Fitness Smart Sock and the Withings Pulse. Powerful devices.
- Colour-Coded Food Labelling : Very interesting idea – colour-coded labels on the front of packaged foods (green = good, red = bad). Keen to see how it performs.
- Google Glass in the Operating Room : We’ll be discussing the incredible potential of technologies like Google Glass in an upcoming Gymchat, and here’s a fantastic use case to kick things off – Hangouts During Surgery. Love it.
- Printing, Implanting and Replacing : We saw the incredible potential of 3d-printed bone, a way to implant electronics without fear of rejection, and the rapid advances in prosthetics. Which begs the question : Would you replace a perfectly functional body part with a more powerful prosthetic one?
Over to you. Drop us a line on Twitter ( @scottbird ), or add a comment below.
NB : if you love talking about strength-training as much as I do, you might also like to check out the weekly newsletter (there's also a daily version available). A regular dose of fitness-focussed discussions, absolutely free.
Straight to the Bar is the online home of fitness enthusiast Scott Bird, and looks at the many training approaches, essential techniques, uncommon exercises and superb equipment to help you become as strong as humanly possible. In short, this site is the home of all things strength.
images of strength
Want to see (and learn) more Feats of Strength like this? Dive in.
- DIY: How to Build an Olympic Weightlifting Platform
Kat ‘The Mighty Kat‘ Ricker
- Building A Neck Of Steel
Mike ‘The Machine‘ Bruce
- Straight to the Grip Contest
Jedd ‘Napalm‘ Johnson
- A Little Yoke Work : 10 Exercises for a Bigger Neck
Scott Andrew Bird
- 29 Things to do with a Barbell in the Corner
- Get Mental! The Psychology of Strength
- Small Victories
If you enjoyed these, check out the complete ‘Best Of Straight to the Bar‘ list. Fantastic.