- A Stretchable, Foldable Transparent Electronic Display : Very powerful technology. For a start, think workout gear which provides instant feedback. Good stuff.
- Gymchat 214 – How to Create an Effective Supplement Stack : We’ve had many, many conversations about supplements over the years. This week Josh had a great discussion with SD Pharmaceuticals‘ Paul Teixeira on a fascinating aspect of these – Creating Your Own Supplement Stacks. Superb.
- Nike Puts Players In Virtual Soccer Stadium : This combination has enormous potential – particularly when it comes to semi-virtual training environments.
- Man Controls Bionic Leg with Thoughts : Fantastic.
Over to you. Drop us a line on Twitter ( @scottbird ), or add a comment below.
NB : if you love talking about strength-training as much as I do, you might also like to check out the weekly newsletter (there's also a daily version available). A regular dose of fitness-focussed discussions, absolutely free.
Straight to the Bar is the online home of fitness enthusiast Scott Bird, and looks at the many training approaches, essential techniques, uncommon exercises and superb equipment to help you become as strong as humanly possible. In short, this site is the home of all things strength.
images of strength
Want to see (and learn) more Feats of Strength like this? Dive in.
- DIY: How to Build an Olympic Weightlifting Platform
Kat ‘The Mighty Kat‘ Ricker
- Building A Neck Of Steel
Mike ‘The Machine‘ Bruce
- Straight to the Grip Contest
Jedd ‘Napalm‘ Johnson
- A Little Yoke Work : 10 Exercises for a Bigger Neck
Scott Andrew Bird
- 29 Things to do with a Barbell in the Corner
- Get Mental! The Psychology of Strength
- Small Victories
If you enjoyed these, check out the complete ‘Best Of Straight to the Bar‘ list. Fantastic.