- Research on the Health Benefits of Closing a Single Coal Plant : This is an aspect of the renewable energy discussions that’s often overlooked – the health benefits associated with closing coal plants. Great to see.
- The ‘Benchtop Human’ Project Now Has a Liver : This is an incredible project. A brief overview :
The project is developing four interconnected human organ constructs — liver, heart, lung and kidney — that are based on a highly miniaturized platform nicknamed ATHENA.
The first of those four – a simulated human liver – has just been created. Good stuff.
- Gymchat 241 – Advanced Fat Loss : Losing the Last 10lbs (Vic Magary) : This was a superb discussion – you can watch the full video here. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.
NB : if you’re just beginning your fat loss journey, check out Vic’s previous Gymchat on that topic – #231. Highly recommended.
- Hugh Herr’s Fantastic TED talk on the Area of ‘Enhanced Prosthetics‘ : Repairing, Replacing and Enhancing.
- The Cybathlon : This is exactly the way I think many sporting events should be, and will be. Think of the Olympics, crossed with some of the ‘Enhanced Prosthetics‘ shown in the previous talk. Very powerful combination.
We also talked about the ability to make muscle cells from stem cells, the incredible skull replacement operation and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.