- Bike Lanes and Intersections : We’ve been discussing urban transportation – particularly cycling – quite a bit lately, on Google+, Twitter and so on. Fascinating area.
This week we saw a very interesting proposal for a bike-lane-friendly intersection, which promises to both increase safety and the number of cyclists in urban areas. Good stuff.
- Health and Fitness Apps Booming Ahead of Apple’s iOS 8 Launch : As you’d expect, the market for health & fitness applications (and devices) is growing fairly rapidly right now. Great to see.
- The Basics of 3D-printing Human Organs : As with the health & fitness apps, this is an area which is growing rapidly. Here’s a great look at the basics of 3D-printing human organs.
- Silencing Tinnitus : Very promising research.
- Penetrating the Blood-Brain Barrier : This has enormous potential for a number of debilitating (and sometimes fatal) medical conditions. Fantastic.
We also talked about A Helmet for Rapid Stroke Diagnosis, A Great Interview with Google Ventures’ Bill Maris and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.