- Energy-Harvesting Flooring : Remember the ‘sustainable gym‘? Add some energy-harvesting flooring to the mix.
- The Mirium in Action : We talked a little about the Mirium (for early cancer detection) last week. Here it is in action.
- The Restorative Powers of Sleep : Very interesting talk on the restorative powers of sleep; particularly for the brain. Over to Jeff Iliff.
- ‘Hearables’ : It’s safe to say that there’s an ever-growing number of health & fitness wearables on offer. Where – on the body – should they be placed, in order to offer the greatest level of information as well as being the least intrusive to the wearer’s life in general? How about the ear?
- 3D-printed, ‘Enhanced Prosthetic‘ Hand : As incredible as a 3D-Printed prosthetic hand is, this one goes a step further. Extra sensors have been added to provide additional functionality – abilities that ‘normal‘ hands don’t have. Fantastic.
We also talked about 3D-Printed Cancer-Fighting Viruses, Why Cycling is Great for Everyone – Not Just Cyclists and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.