- Calls for NRL Referees to Have the Power to Order Concussion Tests for Players : This would certainly be an interesting move – would love to see it happen. And considering the background of the person saying it (both a former player and a doctor), I suspect it will.
- Both the Economic and Health Benefits of Aggressively Tackling Climate Change : There’s certainly been plenty of discussion on this here – very interesting report. Of note : the transport/air pollution health benefits.
- Producing Millions of Human Brain and Muscle Cells in Days : Wonderful step toward far more rapid testing of medications.
- Nearing the End of Alcohol-Related Advertising in Sports : In Australia at least. One of the largest sponsors just ended their arrangement with the cricket.
- Life-Extension Via the Removal of Senescent Cells : This has some truly profound implications – not just for the current research, but what it may well lead to – the large-scale elimination of age-related death.
We also talked about Insulin resistance & cognitive decline, Alzheimer’s disease & unsaturated fats and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.