During the past week we’ve discussed a number of great links; on Google+, Twitter,
Nuzzel The Daily ‘Paper’ and so on. Here are a few of my favourites.
- Sauna Bathing and Cardiovascular Health : Very interesting research.
- Using A DNA Swab Test To Help Determine Dietary Suggestions : This particular use case feels a little contrived, however the underlying idea is solid. Look forward to seeing this type of rapid DNA analysis used for all kinds of things.
- Fighting Colorectal Cancer With An Engineered Microbe And A Cruciferous Vegetable-Rich Diet : Very interesting approach – modifying existing gut bacteria and the enzymes from particular vegetables.
- Transforming Skin Cells Into Functioning Human Muscle : A wonderful way to create muscles (rather than cutting out the required amounts) for research into various muscle-wasting conditions.
- A Prosthetic That Can ‘Feel‘ : Fantastic.
We also talked about A blood-pressure measuring smartwatch, Predicting a cholera outbreak weeks in advance and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.