During the past week we’ve discussed a number of great links; on Google+, Twitter,
Nuzzel The Daily ‘Paper’ and so on. Here are a few of my favourites.
- Mortality Risk For ‘Night Owls’, And How To Switch To Being An Early Riser : Been getting plenty of questions following this research. If you haven’t read it yet, check out the ‘Becoming a Morning Person’ piece.
And yes, it works. Long-term.
- Contact Lenses That Shade The Sun : So many of my favourite science fiction stories just got a whole lot closer to reality. Wonderful.
NB : the next step (hopefully) will be to see things that can’t typically be seen without help – radio waves, UV, distant objects and so on.
- Mediterranean-Style Diet Improves Gut Microbial Diversity And Reduces Hospitalization : Very interesting area – suspect we’ll soon begin to see the emergence of many ‘positive health‘ products – custom foods which adjust gut microbia in various ways. Everything from ‘performance-enhancing yoghurts‘ to bespoke protein shakes for assisting injury recovery, and helping address particular medical conditions.
- Heart Disease – Exercise Could Outsmart Genetics : Especially cardio.
- Paralyzed Patient Feels Sensation Again : Electrodes implanted in the brain lead to sensations of touch and movement in the hand of a paralyzed man. Fantastic.
We also talked about Intestinal bacteria and fat absorption, Personalized cancer treatments and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+, and in the daily ‘newspaper‘ on Nuzzel. Absolutely free.