- CRISPR Editing Used To Partially Treat Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy In Large Mammals : Dogs in this particular case – humans next.
Incidentally, I watched the ‘Andre the Giant’ documentary again last night (if you’ve never seen it, it’s a wonderful look at his life & wrestling career) – would love to see something similar applied to Acromegaly (and many other conditions).
- The ‘Time-Restricted Feeding’ Form Of Intermittent Fasting Can Reduce Body Fat : Interesting research – look forward to seeing larger studies on this area.
- Liver Disease Drug Could Help Restore Cells Damaged By Alzheimer’s : Wonderful. Especially as the drug is already in widespread use.
- A Way To Regenerate Nerve Fibres Across A Complete Spinal Cord Injury (In Mice) : Fantastic.
- A 3D-Printed ‘Bionic Eye’ : Promising indeed.
We also talked about The gyms offering ‘sleep pods’ for quick naps during work hours, Using AI to identify several eye diseases and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+, and in the Daily ‘Newspaper‘ on Nuzzel. Absolutely free.