- MindLabs – A ‘Peloton For Mental Health‘ : Turning mental wellness into part of your daily routine.
- Using CRISPR To Turn Brown Fat into White Fat : Burning glucose, producing heat.
- Exercise in the Morning May Reduce Cancer Risk : Interesting research.
- Shrinking Tumours In Patients With Advanced Lung Cancer : Using a Mirati Therapeutics pill which blocks the cancer protein KRAS.
- Flexible Skin Sensor to Help ALS Patients Communicate : Converting subtle twitches into rapid selection of custom phrases. Note that the initial patients will be those with ALS, though this device could be used by many, many others.
We also talked about Making cell-based meat in extraterrestrial environments, Printing sensors directly on your skin and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.