- Articles : Chad Waterbury and Pavel Tsatsouline take a look at eccentric training, Jedd brings out part IV of his excellent Straight to the Grip Contest series and Dr Eric Serrano chats to Paul Catanzarro about stress, hormones and fat loss. Very interesting stuff.
- Videos : The Diesel Crew demonstrates the Double Rolling Thunder Hold, strongman Svend Karlsen releases the trailer for his new DVD and Mark Obenhaus captures some great skiing action in his documentary Steep.
- Sites : This week saw both training blogs and strength sites aplenty. On the hit list – Marathon Training and Nutrition, Keyboard Vagaries, The Buffling Evolutions, Boston Marathon or Bust, Girevoy Sport, Get Body Smart, Mamma Health, StrongLifts.com and Eric Godfrey’s superb site on bending.
- Strongman and Grip : A little card tearing and horseshoe bending, Yoke walking and 2-handed pinching.
- Bonus : Via Lean and Hungry Fitness, the trailer for WUCC 2006. Some great shots in there.
Over to you. Drop us a line on Twitter ( @scottbird ), or add a comment below.
NB : if you love talking about strength-training as much as I do, you might also like to check out the weekly newsletter (there's also a daily version available). A regular dose of fitness-focussed discussions, absolutely free.
Straight to the Bar is the online home of fitness enthusiast Scott Bird, and looks at the many training approaches, essential techniques, uncommon exercises and superb equipment to help you become as strong as humanly possible. In short, this site is the home of all things strength.
images of strength
Want to see (and learn) more Feats of Strength like this? Dive in.
- DIY: How to Build an Olympic Weightlifting Platform
Kat ‘The Mighty Kat‘ Ricker
- Building A Neck Of Steel
Mike ‘The Machine‘ Bruce
- Straight to the Grip Contest
Jedd ‘Napalm‘ Johnson
- A Little Yoke Work : 10 Exercises for a Bigger Neck
Scott Andrew Bird
- 29 Things to do with a Barbell in the Corner
- Get Mental! The Psychology of Strength
- Small Victories
If you enjoyed these, check out the complete ‘Best Of Straight to the Bar‘ list. Fantastic.