Thanks to everyone who joined in today’s twitterchat with Body by Long‘s Bill Long (@bill_long1). It really was a fascinating discussion on the many types of pinch training.
A few highlights :
- ‘some indirect methods include plate curls, anvil pinch lifts, plate pinch lifts, finger walking using a sledge hammer and many more‘
- ‘pinch lifting will help you lift more weight in the long run‘
- ‘how would someone who’s just getting into grip strength start?‘
- ‘I don’t have a TTK but use some jumper cables with rubber bands on them for direct thumb work‘
- ‘pinch lifting has carried over in my lifting by increasing my clean and press, deadlifts, bench an more ..got to hold the bar tight.‘
- ‘you can make a blockweight if you don’t have a blob for the same type of movements‘
Overall it was a great discussion. As there were a number of questions we didn’t get to, the discussion will be continued in a few weeks (date to be confirmed).
In the meantime, here’s a bit more information (and video) on the many things we discussed :
- Definitions, and general introduction to pinch training
- Training with Block Weights
- An Introduction to Blobs
- Ryan Johnson’s 6 Dime Pinch
- Fattening up bars
Next week we’ll be continuing the discussion on shoulder injuries and rehab with The Rotater‘s Chris Melton. See you there.