This is a post by the astonishingly creative Adam Stoffa (@SEEAdamTrain) and Straight to the Bar‘s own Scott Andrew Bird (@scottbird). Resources for Twitterchat 106 – Recovery : Improving Monophasic and Biphasic Sleep.
Sleep is essential for maximizing recovery and improving performance. Scott switched over to biphasic sleep way back in September 2006, whereas Adam has been working hard to maximize the benefits of a single good night’s rest. Although their approaches are different, both have found improvements to sleep to be extremely rewarding.
In this week’s twitterchat we’ll compare and contrast these two forms of recovery work. The benefits of each approach, how to do it and what impact it has (a very positive one) on your training. Really looking forward to it.
NB : if you’d like to join us, the details of how (and of ‘what this is‘) are here :
Twitterchat 106 – Recovery : Improving Monophasic and Biphasic Sleep
Before the discussion itself, a few resources we’ve found that may be useful. These are all articles, studies and people that Adam and I have explored (and found incredibly valuable) over the years. Dive in.
Monophasic Sleep (one part, the typical ‘8 hours‘)
These posts from my blog chronicle Adam’s experiments, observations, etc. related to improving a night’s rest (monophasic sleep).
- Consult Your Biological Clock to Optimize the Effectiveness of Vitamin and Mineral Supplements
- Flipping Switches and Turning Dials
- Sleep Your Way To Better Physical and Mental Performance
- Odds and Ends Before the Big Trip
- Reading Seth Roberts Puts Me to Sleep
Biphasic Sleep (two parts)
- Busting the 8-Hour Sleep Myth: Why You Should Wake Up in the Night
- Napping in the afternoon
- First week of workouts on biphasic sleep
- 30 days of biphasic sleep
- Power of the 90 minute nap
- The power of the Sleep Cycle
- Glen Rhodes
- Six hours of sleep daily
- Eric (Distinct from Ultimate Health & Conditioning)
- Biphasic Sleep FAQ
- Devin Reams
- Ancient Body Clock Discovered That Helps Keep All Living Things on Time
Videos (Presentations, Documentaries, Vlogs)
Want to find out more? Talk to the people who’ve actually done it :
- Talgoran’s Biphasic Sleep Log
- Brain Vault
- Andrew Gubb
- Carey (@journeyboots)
- Dream Larger
- Sunil Goswami
- Biphasic Sleep Blog (John Corcoran)
- Straight to the Bar (Scott Andrew Bird)
- Andrew Fitzgerald
- David Hausladen
- Jack Webb-Heller (@JackWebbHeller)
Incidentally, if you’d like to add anything to the list, join us for the twitterchat. And yes, it’s free.