- Superhighway for Cyclists : The New York Times noted a dedicated road for Danish cyclists (full story here – in Danish). Aside from a few comments about the execution, it’s an interesting idea.
- Drug may delay Alzheimers decline : The positive Alzheimer’s news continues. Although it was a small study, this one was certainly promising.
- Exercise can Shield the Aging Brain : We noted several fascinating resources in and around the ‘Exercise and the Brain‘ Gymchat last week. My own favourites were When you run fast, your brain runs faster and the research that found that Exercise can Shield the Aging Brain. Fantastic.
- Virtual Exploration : As long term readers are no doubt well aware, I’ve been a fan of polar exploration for as long as I can remember. Aside from everything else, it’s an extreme way of putting your body to the test.
If you’re similarly inclined, check out Google’s World Wonders Project; a fantastic way to check out all-but-inaccessible places like Scott’s Hut. Love it.
- Bio Retina : Finally, the end of age-related macular degeneration may not be all that far away. An Israeli firm is due to begin clinical trials of its Bio-Retina eye implant next year. Good stuff.
NB : to see all of these as they appear (and to share your own thoughts on things), the simplest way is to follow me on Google+. You’ll see these, and a whole lot more.