During the past week we’ve discussed a number of great links; on Google+, Twitter, the Daily ‘Paper’ and so on. Here are a few of my favourites.
- Cells Capable of Regenerating Bone and Cartilage :
A stem cell capable of regenerating both bone and cartilage has been identified in bone marrow of mice. We are now trying to figure out whether we can persuade these cells to specifically regenerate after injury.
- A Rub-On Tattoo for Diabetics : Very interesting idea – a temporary tattoo that figures out blood glucose levels.
- 3D-Printed Custom Ankle Supports : These look great – 3D-printed, bespoke ankle supports.
- Extending Life ‘Well Beyond 120’ : A great summary of current thinking and research into ‘healthspan‘ and aging. Personally, I agree entirely with Aubrey de Grey – this 2005 TED talk outlines the basic idea well.
- A Lab-Grown, Working, Human Muscle : Fantastic. A massive step toward personalised treatment for a vast range of conditions.
We also talked about DNA ‘Smart Glue’ (for helping to build organs), a potential treatment for Mesothelioma and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.