During the past week we’ve discussed a number of great links; on Google+, Twitter, the Daily ‘Paper’ and so on. Here are a few of my favourites.
- Diet and Exercise in Space : How do you exercise in zero gravity? How many calories do you need, and in what form? Over to Dr Sanjay Gupta.
- Homing Stem Cells Cure Type 1 Diabetes in Mice : Very interesting research – developing MSCs (Mesenchymal Stem Cells) as a future therapy for disorders like Type 1 Diabetes.
- The Chimaera Handheld Surgical Tool : A great many medical procedures are about to become a whole lot less risky.
- 3D-printed Prototype Medical Device : 3D-printing for rapid prototyping of medical devices? Yep.
- ENIGMA Consortium Cracks Brain’s Genetic Codes for Ageing : Promising indeed.
We also talked about The imaging of blood stem cells, Vitamin D and type 2 diabetes and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.