- Automated Online Medical ‘Diagnosis’ : Very interesting approach – suspect we’ll see a great many variants of it (for different medical conditions) over the next few years.
- Altitude Training for Cancer-Fighting Cells : Improving the performance of the immune system’s cancer-fighting cells under low-oxygen conditions.
- Augmented Reality and Strava – The Ability to ‘See’ Your Bike Ride Through the Mountains : Looks great. Would love to see similar AR + workout combinations used to help display/understand/share many other forms of training.
- How 3-D Printing Is Changing Health Care : Fascinating area – for uses in understanding surgical procedures, bespoke prosthetics, customised medications and replacement organs.
- AI Spots Alzheimer’s Brain Changes Years Before Symptoms Emerge : Identifying changes in the brain (that lead to Alzheimer’s) almost a decade before clinical symptoms appear. Fantastic.
We also talked about Walking to work and longevity, Cycling around the world in 78 days and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness in the Straight to the Bar Community on Google+.