During the past week we’ve discussed a number of great links; on Facebook, Twitter, in The Daily ‘Paper’ and so on. Here are a few of my favourites.
- Lab Grown Dairy : Completely synthetic – no cows involved. Whey protein ice cream anyone?
- 23andMe To Pull In A Range Of Medical Data, Not Just DNA : Should lead to far greater insights into various conditions.
- Chronic Pain In Insects Points To A Root Cause In Humans : Promising indeed.
- Brain Implant Restores Partial Vision To The Blind : Fantastic. An implant which transmits video images directly to the visual cortex, bypassing the eye and optic nerve.
- Elon Musk’s Neuralink To Livestream Project Update On July 16, 2019 : The promise of brain implants continues, this time in the form of ‘neural lace‘. Incidentally, if you’re looking to dive a little deeper into the world of Neuralink, swing by Tim Urban’s excellent 2017 article.
We also talked about Amazon’s ‘Vesta’ home robot (as a carer/companion/helper), Resistance training = improved sleep quality & reduced anxiety in those with PTSD and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.