- Researching Stem Cell Therapy In COVID-19 Patients : With the aim of preventing lung inflammation.
- Regular Cardiovascular Exercise May Protect Against A COVID-19 Complication : It reduces the risk of acute respiratory distress syndrome, a major cause of death in COVID-19 patients.
- Will Governments Make Use of Apple and Google’s Coronavirus Tracker? : We looked at the tech companies’ plans in detail last week, and there’s certainly been plenty of discussion (here at least) about the possible Government-created contact-tracing apps. Notably Singapore’s TraceTogether.
The question remains – will governments make use of the Apple/Google offering?
- Manufacturing Medicines In Space : Making pharmaceuticals on demand (for longer missions, when resupplying is not an option).
- BenevolentAI’s Potential New COVID-19 Treatment Enters Trials : It inhibits the various cellular processes that the virus uses to infect human cells, rather than attacking it directly. Very interesting approach.
We also talked about Fixing ‘lockdown affected sleep’, The ethics of putting things back on the shelf (when shopping during a pandemic) and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.