- The Reopening of Beijing’s Gyms : Wonderful to see – even with the various restrictions (temperature checks, mask wearing etc).
- In-Home Saliva Testing for COVID-19 : Faster, easier and earlier.
- Rokid’s Temperature-Monitoring Glasses : Designed for use in a range of areas, both public and private.
- Fitbit Launches A Sweeping Heart Study : We took a look at the Apple study a while ago (this video from a cardiologist details it well), and this one appears to be tackling things in a similar way. Promising.
- First US Use Of A Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy To Assist COVID-19 Patients With Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) : Promising indeed.
We also talked about New rules for anti-vaxxers in sports as things reopen, Learning testing & tracing approaches from the adult film industry (which already does this heavily for HIV) and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.