- CRISPR ‘Base Editing’ Slashes Cholesterol Levels In Monkeys : Both LDL and Triglyceride levels were massively reduced.
- Can A Fasting Mimicking Diet Make Chemotherapy More Effective In Breast Cancer Patients? : Quite possibly.
- It’s Safe To Go Back To The Gym — If There’s Not Much COVID-19 Around : Interesting research. Still, I expect the risk varies from gym to gym – depending on the available space & equipment, and the actions of other gymgoers.
- Identifying Pathways Between Memory And Decisions : Possible new treatments for various memory disorders – notably those that accompany schizophrenia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Repeated Head Impacts Associated With Later-Life Depression Symptoms, Worse Cognitive Function : Although this result may not be particularly surprising, it’s wonderful to see the research.
We also talked about The thinking behind ‘pool testing’, WHO’s ambitious plan to deliver 2 billion doses of Covid-19 vaccine to high-risk populations and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.