- Human Metabolism Copes Surprisingly Well With One-Off Caloric Indulgence : Interesting research. A single ‘cheat meal‘ has little impact over the short term.
- In Development : Synthetic Biosensors To Monitor Lung Disease : The goal? They’d emit a signal whenever the patient breathes out.
- Two Approaches To Creating Artificial Pancreases (To Produce Insulin For Diabetics) : Promising indeed.
- Oxytocin Could Be A Potential New Therapeutic Option For Cognitive Disorders Such As Alzheimer’s Disease : Wonderful.
- Protecting Against Transplanted Cells That Go Rogue : Installing a genetic safety mechanism in cells destined to be transplanted. If any change in a problematic way, they can be deactivated.
We also talked about Garmin’s global outage, The potential use of a global network of adaptive clinical trials (to fight Covid-19 and future pandemics) and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.