During the past week we’ve discussed a number of great links; on Facebook, Twitter, in The Daily ‘Paper’ and so on. Here are a few of my favourites.
- Peloton Launches New ‘Bike+‘ Exercise Bike Featuring Apple Watch GymKit Support : The GymKit solution is a very interesting pairing of the Apple Watch and gym equipment, and it’s great to see the Peloton gear taking advantage of the extra functionality.
- Using Artificial Intelligence To Identify Potential COVID-19 Treatments (By Repurposing Existing Drugs) : 6 so far.
- Exercise Improves Learning and Memory in Young Adults : Think walking/running/cycling, for 18-35s.
- The Role Of A Specific Protein In The Development Of New Hearing Hair Cells : The potential is huge – an ability to generate new hair cells when old ones are damaged.
- Assessing Depression Risk By Measuring Heart Rate Changes : Interesting idea – both as a potential ‘early warning‘ system, and as a way to measure the efficacy of various treatments.
We also talked about Apple’s anti-viral/air-pollution face masks, The S3 Inject sensing needle and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.