During the past week we’ve discussed a number of great links; on Facebook, Twitter, in The Daily ‘Paper’ and so on. Here are a few of my favourites.
- Apple Launches The ‘Fitness+’ Service : Various fitness classes available via streaming video, with health stats overlaid. Interesting combination.
- Zeto’s Wireless EEG : It’s wonderful to see both the external devices like this, as well as the internal offerings such as the Neuralink gear we saw recently.
- Gene Therapy Corrects The Cardiac Effects Of Friedreich’s Ataxia (Mice For Now, Human Trials Soon) : Fantastic – hope it leads to similar therapies for a range of conditions.
- Genesis 2.0 – The Promise of Synthetic Biology : This field has an incredible number of potential uses, and it’s fair to say that I’m looking forward to seeing this.
- Compass Pathways Becomes The First Psychedelic Biotech IPO : We’ve noted the incredible promise of psychedelics (notably psilocybin-based compounds) several times in the past, and it’s wonderful to see a public, psychedelic biotech company.
We also talked about Emergency use of continuous glucose monitoring devices in hospitals, ECMO gives COVID-19 patients more time to heal/treatments to take effect and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.