- A Major Test Of AI – Can It Differentiate COVID-19 From Influenza? : Can the available artificial intelligence tools help doctors differentiate between the two respiratory illnesses, and accurately predict which patients will become severely ill (so the ‘right’ treatments can begin even faster)? Hopefully, yes.
- Mapping Out The Nutrients That Fuel A Beating Heart : 277 metabolites in total.
- India-Israel 30-Second Coronavirus Test Should Be ‘Ready In Days’ : The various coronavirus tests have steadily been getting faster, less expensive and more accurate.
- Slovakia To Test Whole Country For Coronavirus : This makes a lot of sense to me – testing everyone; especially when there’s a relatively small population. Would love to see other countries (or even states & provinces) do something similar.
- Synthetic Blood Vessels : In addition to the usual functions, these hybrid natural-artificial blood vessels could help stimulate healing, as well as enabling both gene therapies and drug delivery.
We also talked about COVID-safe taxis (electric, and soon to be autonomous), Viagra and tackling cancers and a whole lot more. Keep up with the World of Health & Fitness on this site, and in the Straight to the Bar pages on Facebook, Twitter and in The Daily ‘Paper’. Absolutely free.
NB : If you’re stuck at home for a while, and would still love to get the occasional workout in, swing by the guide page. Whether you’re sans-equipment or already have a home gym set up, these suggestions can really make a difference.